Last Updated: Jul 23, 2021 Views: 53
To find UGA dissertations and theses:
- Search Electronic Theses & Dissertations @UGA for open access works (partial coverage 1999-2001, all theses and dissertations 2001-present).
- UGA theses and dissertations from Fall 2019-present are also added to the ProQuest Dissertations and Theses Fulltext database (off-campus use limited to current UGA affiliates).
- Earlier theses and dissertations are available in print.
- Search GIL-Find (the UGA Libraries' catalog) to find records for both print and electronic dissertations and theses.
- Make sure to add the keywords “University of Georgia” and “dissertation” or “thesis” to your search in the GIL-Find catalog.
- All print theses and dissertations are held in an off-site repository. In the catalog, click the link under the holdings tab that says “Request Repository Material” and fill out the form. You will be emailed when the document is available at the on-campus library you choose.
Note: Some authors restrict access to their electronic thesis or dissertation for two years after graduation. Their work may be completely restricted or limited to on-campus users. Current UGA affiliates may view the latter on campus or through the vLab service.
To find non-UGA dissertations, search ProQuest Dissertations and Theses Fulltext. Off-campus use is restricted to UGA affiliates only.
Purchasing Print Copies of Theses and Dissertations from UGA
If you would like to purchase a hard copy of a thesis or dissertation of a UGA alumnus, use the Dissertation and Thesis Printing Request Form. The Tate Print & Copy center will fulfill the request and can deliver the item by mail.