Last Updated: Jan 10, 2017     Views: 120

Study carrels in the Main and Science Libraries may be reserved by faculty and graduate students. 

All library materials kept in the carrel must be checked out to the carrel or the carrel holder.

A carrel assignment is for one year with the possibility of renewal based upon need and availability. New carrel holders may be required to share a carrel with at least one person who currently occupies a carrel.

Certain qualifications must be met in order to obtain a carrel. Carrels are available in the following order of priority:

  • Faculty members engaged in library research
  • Doctoral candidates who have completed course work currently writing dissertation
  • Master's candidates who have completed their first year of coursework and arecurrently writing their thesis.

If you meet the above requirements, please use the carrel application form for Main or Science to request a carrel. Once the application is completed and signed by your major professor or department head, please submit the application to the Circulation Desk at either library. Carrels are assigned only by appointment. Contact Mary Poland ( at the Main Library or Byron Smith ( at the Science Library to set up an appointment for carrel assignment. 

Contact Us

Phone: 706-542-3251

For more information:

Your Question
Your Info
Fields marked with * are required.